Friedman Williams Group -
Information Technology Legal
Manage and maintain multi-office network infrastructure environment. Support remote access capabilities, including mobile devices and Citrix XenApp Environment. Manage Windows Server and SAN storage systems as well as VMWare environment. Manage and monitor data replication and backups. Maintain Exchange and SQL cluster and high availability server environments. Manage e-mail archiving solution, network security, web and spam filtering and anti-virus solutions. Administer Avaya VOIP phone systems.
• Must be familiar with network protocols including TCP/IP and have a strong understanding of subnetting and VLANS.
• Manage and upgrade network servers, including but not limited to Exchange server cluster and SQL Server cluster environments and must be familiar with server technologies including Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, WINS and IIS.
• Support Compellant SAN storage, Citrix Netscaler, Citrix XenApp, Compellant Backups and VMWare ESX VSphere virtual server environments.
• Support and manage Windows Desktop environment, Windows Server, SQL Server, and and SCCM 2012.
• Manage the firm’s network Infrastructure environment Cisco switches, Cisco routers and Watchguard Firewalls.
• Coordinate with telco and phone system vendors for management, maintenance and installation of WAN MPLS infrastructure for interoffice voice and data connectivity.
• Manage web and spam filtering solution.
• Manage and maintain servers supporting mission critical business and legal/litigation applications.
• Manage Citrix Presentation Server farm including XenDesktop and application virtualization.
• Participate in on call rotation for network or application support.
• Design, install, integrate, coordinate and supervise QA testing and deployment of new applications.
• Design, install, test and deploy supporting servers and associated hardware and network infrastructure in support of business goals. Research and resolve hardware, software and network problems with other members of the technical staff or by contacting vendors directly.
• Responsible for daily monitoring and maintenance of data backups in support of business continuity, disaster recovery and data restoration capabilities.
• Responsible for monthly testing of data restoration capabilities.
• Coordinate with vendors and outside consultants when equipment requires servicing. Place service calls, maintain service history logs, ensure that parts are ordered and installed, and follow-up with appropriate staff to be sure the problem was solved.
• Coordinate with IT Manager, Network Administrator, and CIO with disaster recovery and business continuity design and planning as well as review impact of server changes and additions to disaster recovery and business continuity plans
• Review logs to monitor security threats and health of network servers.
• Determine the cause of malfunctions involving server hardware, operating system or applications and resolve as needed to restore system functionality.
• Notify and update the IT Manager, Network Administrator and CIO of all equipment problems and document their resolution or system changes.
• Submit regular server reports and maintain logs of server failures.
• Keep computer rooms in a clean, orderly, neat and professional manner.
• Train help desk in the use of system management and advanced network management administration tools as directed and as needed in support of help desk functions.
• Document, publish and distribute all system changes and procedures to IT staff.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor of Arts or Science degree or Associate's degree or six years experience in a law-firm environment preferred.
GENERAL SKILLS REQUIRED
Candidates must possess excellent problem-solving and interpersonal skills. Must be able to effectively communicate to users on all levels and possess an excellent command of the English language (both oral and written). Must have patience and exhibit a positive customer friendly attitude and work in a team environment. Successful candidate must possess a strong technical understanding of the various hardware, software and networking systems being supported. The ability to learn new techniques and implement new procedures is critical. Troubleshooting skills and thorough and aggressive follow through resolution is essential.
Buffalo, New York