Friedman Williams Group -
Information Technology Legal
Manage and maintain a multi-office network infrastructure. Responsible for effective
provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, & maintenance of systems hardware &
software & related network infrastructure; participates in technical research & development to
enable continuing innovation w/in the network infrastructure. Support remote access capabilities
such as BES, MaaS360, iPhone/iPads, Citrix XenApp and Outlook Web Access. Maintain and
monitor Windows Server 2008 R2 Server infrastructure, Dell Compellant SAN, VMWare
Cluster environment, Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008. Manage and monitor data replication and
backups using Commvault technologies. Manage e-mail archiving solution, network security,
web and spam filtering and anti-virus solutions. Administer and maintain Avaya VOIP phone
systems. Manage and support Polycom video-conferencing equipment.
Manage and maintain all network and desktop software, hardware and network infrastructure
including but not limited to, the below systems.
• Must be familiar with network protocols including TCP/IP.
• Manage and upgrade network servers, Exchange 2010 server cluster and SQL 2008
Server high availability and cluster environments and must be familiar with server
technologies including Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, WINS and IIS.
• Support Compellant SAN storage, Commvault Backup and VMWare server
• Support and manage Windows 7 Desktop environment, Windows Server 2008, SQL
Server 2008 and SCCM 2012
• Manage Active Directory to include GPOs, DHCP and DNS.
Manage Mimecast spam filtering solution and archive email solution as well as web
• Manage and maintain servers supporting mission critical business and legal/litigation
apps including MS Office 2010, MS Exchange 2010 and Outlook Web Access, OpenText
• Manage Citrix XenApp Server farm.
• Participate in on call rotation for network server/infrastructure support.
• Responsible for daily monitoring, maintenance and testing of data backups in support of
business continuity, disaster recovery and data restoration capabilities.
• Coordinate with hardware service vendors and outside consultants when equipment
requires servicing; place service calls, maintain service history logs, ensure that parts are
ordered and installed, and follow-up with appropriate staff to be sure the problem was
• Coordinate with IT Manager disaster recovery and business continuity design and
planning as well as review impact of server changes and additions to disaster recovery
and business continuity plans.
• Report, maintain and review logs to monitor security threats to and health of network
• Determine the cause of server malfunctions involving both hardware and operating
system or application and resolve as needed to restore system functionality.
• Keep computer rooms in a clean, orderly, neat and professional manner.
• Support help desk in their daily duties.
• Train help desk in the use of system management and advanced network management
administration tools as directed and as needed in support of help desk functions.
• Document, publish and distribute all system changes and procedures to IT staff.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor of Arts or Science degree or Associate's degree with at least 6 years experience.
Experience in a law-firm environment preferred.
GENERAL SKILLS REQUIRED
Excellent problem-solving and interpersonal skills. Must be able to effectively communicate to
users on all levels and possess an excellent command of the English language (both oral and
written). Must have patience and exhibit a positive customer friendly attitude and work in a team environment. Must possess a strong technical understanding of the various hardware,
software and networking systems being supported. Ability to learn new techniques and
implement new procedures. Troubleshoot problems and follow through to resolution.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit;
use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel,
crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50
pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Out of hours support as required during periods when employee will be "on call" including
weekend and/or holiday support or periods of heavy workload or client deadlines. Flexibility in
daily work schedule around the lunch period is essential.
Buffalo, New York